Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Community Cries Out

A community is crying out.

Recent natural disasters at home and around the globe, searches for missing persons, market-place economic realities hitting home, these and more all cause communities to cry out. These are the stories that make the news. These are the stories that cover the front pages. Theses are the stories that are featured. Yet I would contend that these just scratch the surface of what's happening in our communities.

I know there are families - whose names are not in the papers and whose faces are not on the nightly news - that are hurting, broken, scared, anxious, vulnerable, and weary. There are moms crying themselves to sleep. There are dads wondering how to get through tomorrow let alone next month. There are kids - who we think don't know what's happening - who manifest their anxieties in numerous ways. There are couples lying in bed together yet a million miles apart.

Our community is crying out ... and I wonder if anyone is listening. Our community is crying out and I ask myself if I care enough to do anything.

The week after Easter I'll announce a new initiate that my wife and I are going to launch for our community. Until then, ask yourself if you hear the cry of your community.

Leave a comment and tell me ...
What are people crying about in your community?

No comments:

Post a Comment